Posted in INTERNeX, INTERNeX Event(s), INTERNeX PuB NiGHT, Staffhouse, Vancouver, tagged activtities, bachelor, barbecue, communications, day, degree, event(s), first, fun, internship, laura, MANOUK, meet, netherlands, people, place, third, university, working, year on 31 May 2010 |
1 Comment »
My name is Manouk van den Heuvel and today is my first day working at INTERNeX! I am completing my internship in communications, therefore I will be working side-by-side with Laura to bring you guys lots of fun events and activities!
First let me introduce myself:
I’m 22 years old and come from the Netherlands. I normally live in The Hague, for those of you who don’t know where that is, it’s somewhere between Amsterdam and Rotterdam. During my stay in Vancouver I will live in the staff house – it’s an exciting place to meet people from all around the world! I am currently in my third year of University, studying a Bachelor Degree in Commercial Communication Management.
I arrived in Vancouver last week, just in time for the Barbecue Kick-Off! I’ve already met a few people and hope to meet many more at PuB NiGHTS and other INTERNeX events. Be sure to come out to PuB NiGHT on June 10 at The Blarney Stone – I would love to meet you!
Since I’ve arrived, the weather hasn’t been very nice. I can’t wait for the sun to come out so I can see some of the beautiful mountains! If you’re new to Vancouver as well, I’d love to check out some places like Stanley Park and Chinatown, so let me know if you would like to meet up.
That’s all for now guys!
Read Full Post »
Posted in INTERNeX, Summer Party, tagged alberta, ale, attendeed, beer, calgary, cheers, ciders, coolers, destinations, doors, drink, eateries, educate, entertainment, experts, fest, food, friends, fun, games, hottest, indoor, international, lager, laugh, learn, live, map, mug, music, navigate, NHL, official, parties, performers, playoffs, products, program, sample, screen, stampede, tokens, try, types, vote, Wii on 28 May 2010 |
Leave a Comment »
Are you in Calgary or looking to travel there soon? You might just have to check out the Calgary International Beer Fest. Happening May 28th and May 29th, there’s so much to enjoy!
- Arrive early because the first 4,000 attendees through the doors each day receive an official BeerFest sample mug!
- Once inside, you can purchase sample tokens to enjoy 100s of beers from down the block to around the world, delicious food from some of Calgary’s most delicious eateries, plus a sample of coolers & ciders
- Talk with beer experts as they educate you about their products
- Sit back and soak in the live music from some of Calgary’s top local performers
- Lots of great prizes to be won
- Get passes to after parties from some of Calgary’s hottest destinations
- Enjoy watching NHL playoffs, or play Wii games on the largest indoor screen in Calgary
- A variety of interactive entertainment & games adds to the excitement
- Once you’ve sampled – Vote for your favourite Beer & help your favourite win the People’s Choice Award
- The Show Map & Program will help you navigate your way as well as keep track of all your favourite beers to buy later
This amazing two day sampling event runs:
Friday, May 28th, 4 – 10pm open to public, and Saturday, May 29th, 2 – 3 Industry Only, & 3 – 10pm open to public.
For ticket information visit this website.
Make sure to get over there and taste what the world has to offer – BEER!
Read Full Post »