I found some interesting stuff about the amazing country we are living in – CANADA. Here are these exciting facts about Canada. Check it out:
Did you know that….
- Canada is the second largest country in the world, with 9,971,000 square kilometers of land.
- The baseball glove was invented in Canada in 1883.
- With only three people per square kilometer, Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world.
- Vancouver Canada is tied with Zurich Switzerland for the highest quality of life of any city in the world.
- The world’s smallest jail is believed to be in Rodney, Ontario, Canada. It is only 24.3 square meters (about 270 square feet).
- Canada has the ninth biggest economy of the world
- According to the United Nations Human Development Index, Canada has the highest quality of life in the world.
- Contrary to popular opinion, Canada does not own the North Pole. In fact, the North Pole is not owned by any country. It is believed, however, that Santa Claus is from Canada.
- Canada is the world’s eighth biggest trader.
- Canada is the home of many great inventions, including: basketball, the electric light bulb, the electric range, the electron microscope, standard time, the television, the telephone, and the zipper.
- Canada is the fifth largest energy producer.
- Canada has the world’s highest tertiary education enrolment.