We were working on the new website, which you can find under the domain internexworld.com, for some time now. As many of you know INTERNeX started in Canada. The first office was here in Vancouver, later INTERNeX had opened an office in Toronto as well and later one in New Zealand. The first INTERNeX website I personally was involved with was created in the beginning of 2007. INTERNeX changed from a website build with HTML and created by many different people, to a CMS (content management system).
In December 2008 I created the next version of the INTERNeX website, trying to implement some features which were useful for our candidates, our partners and of course ourselves. When I was building the site I realized how difficult it is to actually explain what we do without using to many word and therefore the 2008 version had still lots of information and many content.
In the beginning of 2009 we started with our social network activities and were building our PR department. When I started working on the new version of the INTERNeX Canada website I wanted to integrated all the information we provide to our candidates via our Blog, Twitter and Flickr on one website. This version had an event calendar, updates from our Twitter account and of course also our Blog was connected to it. But unfortunately the content about our programs and services were still a lot and we also didn’t really organized our FAQ’s very well.
In the meantime INTERNeX New Zealand was still presented by the version we created in 2008 and we start thinking how we can come up with a better concept. The internexworld.com website was in our opinion the solution, but it would take some time to actually build that site. With two location, offering the same services, but having different regulation we had to rethink how we want to present INTERNeX in the WorldWideWeb. It took some time to rewrite the content and to come up with an easier navigation and concept for the site, but I think we finally created a site which is nice, clean, organized and still looks good. Therefore I am very happy to present to you the internexworld.com website and would love to see some comments on our Blog, how do you like the site.
Over the years many people were working on the website and I would like to say a special thank you to:
- Maarten, Christian, Liza and Mike who interned at INTERNeX in 2009 and helped a lot to improve our online presents
- Lauren, Laura, Nathalie, Manouk and Mette who did an internship in 2010 and started rewriting our content as well as worked with me on the first version of the internexworld.com website
- Franziska, Maads, Will and Claudio who did an internship in 2011 and helped with the design work as well as rewriting some of our content and entering the FAQ’s into the system
- I also would like to thank our team in New Zealand, especially Paul, Robin and Lotte for amazing pictures and the content we received to finish the New Zealand part of the site.
- I also would like to mention Hannes, who is still working on the website and writing some new content and entering missing articles into the system as well as Petra, who is doing a great design job. Both started their internship in January 2012.
- Last but not least I would like to thank everyone in the INTERNeX team for rewriting content, prove reading, design adjustments and making sure everything is in order.
In case I did forgot someone my apologies, but so many people helped to make the site happened that I honestly lost track 🙂
Please be so kind and visit our website at internexworld.com and leave a comment below.