Next weekend we are going to SEATTLE!!! So many people signed up and I for one am very much looking forward to going. That is why I have something special for you today. I have some facts about Washington State, the city of Seattle and some facts about the tourist attractions in Seattle. Enjoy and see you’ll in Seattle.
FunFacts about WASHINGTON STATE
- The only state in America named after a president is Washington State
- You can be arrested if you paint polka dots on a American flag
- From all the states in the union, Washington State produces the most apples.
- Washington State has 3 National Parks, 9 National Forrest and 100 State Parks.
- It is illegal to destroy the beer cask or bottle of someone else in Washington State
FunFacts about SEATTLE
- The first city in America where they played the Beatles song on the radio was Seattle.
- Sunglasses have been sold more in Seattle then in any other city in the nation.
- Seattle was the first city in America in putting police on bicycles.
- Starbucks is founded in Seattle, but has become on of the biggest coffee chain company.
FunFacts about ACTIVITIES IN SEATTLE
The world first fully enclosed shopping mall was the Northgate Shopping Mall. Link
The oldest park in Seattle is Denny park. Link
It has been said that the Pike Place Market host a bevy of ghosts and it might just be the most haunted place in Washington State. Link
Did you know that the ground level has been elevated in the mid-19th century!! They have a network of underground passageways and basements in downtown Seattle, which has been made into a tourist attraction called Seattle Underground. Link