Its pretty much the weekend already and I feel like I say this every week, but time passes by too fast!
If you still want to come to Seattle, please do come by the office before 5PM today. This is your last chance to come on this fun one-day trip of shopping and sightseeing. See you on Sunday at 9am for those of you coming and if not, here are some musical events to check out this weekend!
It’s Christmas which means it’s time for Christmas music and carols and stories! One of the most famous Christmas stories is Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, but have you watched the version about Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside?
This play will not only highlight vital issues affecting the Downtown Eastside, but also raise money for the Eastside’s community arts.
- When? Saturday, December 15th – 2pm or 7pm shows
- Where? SFU Woodward’s (149 W Hastings St)
- Cost? $20, or $10 if you bring your student ID!
For more information or to buy tickets, visit the website HERE.
12 Bands of Christmas
Vancouver has some great local bands and here is your chance to check them out! 12 bands will be playing for 13 hours straight and all for a good cause. Greater Food Bank Society will be collecting money and food and this time of the year is when many people need your help!
- When? Friday, December 14th 6am – 7pm
- Where? Fairmont Pacific Rim (1038 Canada Place)
- Cost? FREE, but bring some food cans to donate!
For more information, visit the website HERE.
The VSO’s Traditional Christmas
- When? Friday, December 14th – Saturday, December 22nd
- Where? Various locations in Vancouver, depending on where the concert is.
- Cost? $33-$38, or FREE if you have your Vancouver Inspiration Pass 🙂
Have a great weekend!