What do you know about Vancouver?
Read further to find some more fun and interesting facts about Vancouver.
- Established by Captain George Vancouver in 1886.
- Situated at an altitude of 71m/236ft.
- Population: 603,502 (growing at a steady rate of 3%)
- More than 35% of the population of Vancouver is foreign born.
- Vancouver has the highest per capita proportion of Asians of any North American city.
- A resident of Vancouver is called a Vancouverite.
- Ranked one of the most liveable cities in the world and one of the 10 cleanest cities on the world.
- It is the largest city in the province of British Columbia
- The third largest city in Canada after Toronto and Montreal.
- Largest film production center in North America after Los Angeles and New York City.
- Port of Vancouver is the largest in Canada (and second in North America)
- The 2010 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Paralympics were also held in this beautiful city.
- Vancouver hosts one of the country’s largest annual gay pride parades.
- Vancouver is the birthplace of the one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, called Greenpeace.
- There are three ski hills in Vancouver: Grouse Mountain, Mount Seymour and Cypress Mountain.
I hope you are having a great weekend.
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 200 – 211 Columbia Street
Vancouver BC -V6A 2R5-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149