During the 27th and 31st of July and the 3rd of August will take place the appreciated Celebration of Lights in Vancouver.
This annual musical fireworks’ festival is one of the largest and most popular ones in Van. On July 27th we are going to English Bay to watch the beautiful festival and enjoy the good weather we are having these wonderful week.
This year just 3 countries are participating:
- July 27th: United Kingdom -Pyro 2000
- July 31st: Canada – Calgary based fireworks spectaculars
- August 3rd: Thailand – Thailand fireworks.
Join us in our Facebook event and come with us to this great and unforgettable festival.
If you also want to experience a real Caribbean Day, you are lucky, because the Trinidad & Tobago Cultural Society of British Columbia organizes the Caribbean Days Festival. This year the festival takes place during the 27th and 28th of July in North Vancouver.
You can enjoy 2 different parades:
- The Street Parade: Starting at 10.00 a.m. on July 27th in Lonsdale and 12th. It’ll head down direction Esplanade.Then turns West to arrive at Waterfront Park and terminates at Forbes & Esplanade.
- Children’s Carnival Parade: Free admission to this parade. Starts at 1.00 p.m. on July 28th in the Waterfront Park.
There is also not just parades on the Caribbean Day. During both days you can also join in a lot of food stands and also a clothing market. The prices varies from vendor to vendor.
And also there is a special event on Saturday 27th, a Caribbean Dance under the starts It’s at 7:30 pm at the Lonsdale Quay, North Vancouver and the price is $30. Move with Soca, Reggae & Calypso rhythms featuring Caribbean #1 entertainer: CRAZY (Edwin Ayoung) accompanied by Maffie & Crew with special guests Phase III Steel Band and 2 DJ’s!!
I hope you can join us on Saturday for watching the Celebration of Lights with us, and I wish you a great weekend !!
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 2077, 2079 – 88 West Pender Street Vancouver, Canada -V6B 9N9-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149