Only one month left until we’re going to Portland, so we want to give you some more information about what to bring for crossing the border to the US.
-Passport (Passports must be valid and be Machine-readable). All passports issued from 2006 and after are Machine-Readable. The date of issue is stated in your passport.
-Everyone must pay US immigration $6 USD at the border to process entry (please have exact change)
– Proof of medical insurance. Not required but definitely recommendable in case you accidentally get ill or injured (although the trip does not include hazardous activities).
– Any kind of proof that you’re going back to Canada. Can be a document proving that you’re participating in a study program in Canada, proof of work in Canada, or proof that you’re doing a practicum in Canada.
– In case your country is included in the visa waiver program you don’t need to apply for any other visa documents. A lot of countries are included in the visa waiver program. You can check the list here.
– Since we’re driving across the border you don’t need the ESTA tourist visa. This is only needed when entering the US on an air or sea carrier.
– Also important are some good walking shoes
Also remember to always have your passport on you when you go out in the US. Some places only accept your passport as ID.
A reminder what is included in the price of only $229:
• All Tips & Taxes
• Deluxe Coach Transportation
• 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation
• 2 Continental Breakfasts
• A Cool Canadian Guide
• & Much More!!
Hope many of you will join us for this great trip.
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 2077, 2079 – 88 West Pender Street
Vancouver, Canada -V6B 6N9-