INTERNeX Canada: How was your weekend?
Last weekend Mercedes and I went to Whistler, an amazing ski resort near to Vancouver, where the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games took place. We passed two incredible days enjoying the authentic taste of the Canadian nature. I already knew that Canada had incredible woods, but, believe me, you need to go there to see it by yourself.
First, we stopped in the Shannon Falls (at Shannon Falls Provincial Park)to see the third highest falls in the province of BC. The place, as you can see in the photos, is very beautiful. There was a lot of families having a picnic day and playing sports.
Then, we arrived at the HI-Hotel. We had a BBQ during de sundown with enormous burgers (really, the best hamburger I never tasted), Canadians beers, and a great company.
Afterwards, we went to Moe Joe’s, one of the most famous clubs in the village. There was a pool table and a dance floor with DJs. Mercedes and I spent the night dancing and jumping with the other people.
But the next morning, we didn’t have time for sleep, because we had to take a bus to do trekking. Do you know something about trekking? Well, we didn’t. Somebody told us something about to be hanging from a cord. Ouch… I was a little scared. All my life I have been afraid of heights. Mercedes was very happy; she is braver than me. But, believe, was one of the best things I’ve never done! Hanging so high, gliding so fast, among the enormous trees, with the beautiful forest under your feet…you can feel like flying!
Finally, we went to the village to eat something and take the bus. We were so tired but very happy. In Vancouver, we came back to our houses with the feeling that we were we were in love with Canada more than ever.
Thanks to the organizers to invite us! If you want to go to Whistler, please contact with our PR Team!
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 200 – 211 Columbia Street
Vancouver BC -V6A 2R5-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149
Last Days to Sign-Up for a Trip to the Rockies with INTERNeX!
If you haven’t been to the Rockies – you haven’t been to Canada! Get the most out of your summer and experience one of the most spectacular places on earth!
Join other travelers on a 4-day (3 night) tour to the heart of the Canadian Rockies and travel through some of the most awe inspiring scenery to be found anywhere in the world! Embark on a journey from Vancouver to Alberta to see towering peaks, frigid glaciers, and stunning lakes. Four days of breath taking scenery will give you memories to last a lifetime. Don’t have a friend? No problem – you’ll meet tons of people on this trip! For only $350.00 (taxes in!), you won’t find a trip like this anywhere else! This trip begins July 30 and ends August 2, 2010.
Whether you’re just out for an incredible sightseeing journey or you want to try your hand at a variety of fun activities, this tour has something to suit every taste.
This Classic Canadian Rockies Adventure by West Trek includes:
- The PERFECT MIX of amazing adventures and stunning sightseeing!
- Three nights hotel – 1 night right in the centre of Banff! ( Price is based on 4 people sharing one room with 2 Queen beds. Upgrades available. )
- The hotel in Banff is The Mount Royal. It’s right in the centre of this beautiful mountain village. Step out the front doors of the hotel and you’re in the heart of the party – only seconds from the ragin’ nightclubs and pubs!
- Two of the three hotels have indoor pools with water slides and hot tubs. The fun is just starting when we arrive at our hotels!
- Free entrance to Banff’s best nightclubs!
- Learn to Line Dance.
- All tips and taxes included
- All park fees
- Daily guided sightseeing through some of the most incredible scenery in the world!
- End of tour PARTY at our Partner Camp! Marshmallow roast, songs, a roaring campfire and dozens of new friends. It just doesn’t get any better!
- Have a great time with your cool Canadian guide.
- Getting there is half the fun on the deluxe highway coach with games and movies while you make new friends.
- Hockey tournament in Valemount – Let the games begin as teams face off for a game of ball hockey!
- 3 nights of accommodation in Valemount, Banff and Golden.
- LAKE LOUISE. Visit the most famous lake in Canada and marvel at the unreal colour of the water framed by a stunning mountain backdrop!
- BANFF. The most famous, and popular, town in the Canadian Rockies. Take a boat cruise, soar to mountain peaks on a gondola, or just explore – Banff has so much to offer!
- MORAINE LAKE. One of the most stunning lakes you will ever see. (Seasonal.)
- The ICEFIELDS PARKWAY. This highway has often been described as the most beautiful highway in the world and it is a very fitting description! Glaciers, mountains, and pristine lakes are found all along this amazing stretch of unbelievable road!
- BOW LAKE. A beautiful mountain lake not to be missed.
- PEYTO LAKE. A stunning jewel hidden out of sight of the highway. (Seasonal.)
- THE COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS. No trip to the Rockies is complete without taking a Snowcoach Ice Explorer tour out on to the glacier. Definitely a once in a lifetime thrill!
- ATHABASCA FALLS. Witness the thundering roar as the Athabasca River drops 23 m through layers of limestone!
- JASPER. Visit Banff’s little sister. Quieter and not as busy as Banff, Jasper is a gem waiting to be discovered.
- THOMPSON RIVER VIEWPOINT – Great views of the North Thompson River.
- LAC LE JEUNE PROVINCIAL PARK – We stop for a quick dip in this beautiful mountain lake or you have time to explore the beaches. A great place for a picnic lunch!
- MT. ROBSON. This is the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies and offers stunning views on clear days.
- SPAHATS FALLS. One of the most dramatic falls in Western Canada!
- 5 NATIONAL PARKS, 1 PROVINCIAL PARK, 3 UNESCO World Heritage sights. These include Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Yoho National Park, Glacier National Park, Mt. Revelstoke National Park, and Mt. Robson Provincial Park.
- HOCKEY NIGHT IN VALEMOUNT – Can you get a more Canadian activity than having a game of pick up hockey surrounded by stunning mountains?!
- Super Discount at The Paddock – This trip includes an awesome menu with The Paddock Bar & Grill in the heart of Banff. Now THAT’S Canadian!
- MALIGNE CANYON TREK – Explore this amazing canyon as you cross narrow bridges suspended above the roaring chasm.
- MOUNT ROYAL HOTEL – A hotel is not a highlight you may say. Wrong! This awesome beauty is right in the centre of Banff with our favourite nightclubs and party spots just a few short steps away. You won’t believe that you are on a budget tour when you check in!
- AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS – What can we say? It’s awesome! This is the BEST deal going and can say that this deal isn’t offered by anyone else!
What you should bring:
- Swimming suit and towel (hot tub or swimming pool in the hotels + you have 2 chances to go for a swim in a refreshing mountain lake – seasonal)
- Government photo ID (passport) & Student ID (if applicable)
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Good walking shoes/boots
- Warm jacket, hat, gloves (you’ll need these on the Ice Explorer Snowcoach tour.
To sign-up for this amazing trip, drop by the INTERNeX Office with your payment of $320.00 (cash only, Canadian dollars).
Last day for registration is Friday, July 23, so sign-up quick before all seats are taken!
Make the most of your time in the Rockies by participating in some incredible optional activities. Some activities are seasonal and not available on all dates.
- AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS – Book the Ice Explorer Snowcoach Tour + the Lake Minnewanka Boat Cruise and West Trekl will give you back $3 PLUS throw in the Banff Gondola for FREE! That’s a savings of $32!
- The Cruise and Snowcoach normally cost $93. BUT, with the West Trek AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS you get The Big Three (The Ice Explorer Snowcoach Tour + the Banff Gondola + the Lake Minnewanka Boat Cruise) all for $90! (That’s like getting PAID $3 to do the Gondola!) – BEST VALUE – STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!
- Banff Gondola – Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain for incredible 360-degree views. The gondola climbs 698m (2,292 ft) to the 2,281m (7,486 ft) summit of Sulphur Mountain. Fantastic views of the town of Banff, Mt. Rundle, the Bow Valley, you can even see all the way to Lake Minnewanka on a clear day. ONLY $29
- Lake Minnewanka Cruise – Relax on board one of the lake cruisers for a stunning tour on the biggest lake in Banff National Park. The cruise offers some of the most interesting and spectacular scenery found anywhere in the Canadian Rockies. ONLY $44
- Ice Explorer Snowcoach ride – A customer favourite for the past 10 years, this tour takes you right on to the Athabasca Glacier aboard massive, specially designed Ice Explorers. You have time to make a snowman, have a snowball fight, fill a water bottle with “glacier fresh” water or just revel in the amazing scenery. Not to be missed! ONLY $49
- Canoeing on the Bow River in Banff or at Lake Louise
- Relax in the Banff hot springs – a beautiful outdoor pool heated naturally with the hot springs. $7.50
To sign- up for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME trip, please drop by the INTERNeX office with your payment in cash. Please bring your passport and contact information with you. For any further information, please contact Laura at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
- We recommend paying at least 10 days before departure to avoid disappointment
- The tour is NON-REFUNDABLE within 10 days of departure
- NO REFUND if you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time.
- A small bus may be used for smaller groups
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 200 – 211 Columbia Street
Vancouver BC -V6A 2R5-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149
What Are You Doing This Long Weekend?
This weekend is supposed to be a nice one! I have a few things on my to-do list that I want to see during the next few days. One of them includes Lynn Canyon Park. The park officially opened to the public in 1912 and has been a popular destination among tourists and local residents ever since. It’s a great location for a picnic, a leisurely hike, or a refreshing swim in one of the many popular swimming holes!
The Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge is one of Lynn Valley’s best kept secrets. The 50 meter high bridge stretches accross a beautiful canyon boasting raging waters, waterfalls and deep pools below. The bridge is a popular attraction among tourists and locals alike, the best part is that it is free of charge for all to see. Crossing the bridge is always an exciting experience, it bounces up and down and sways from side to side with every step. It is quite narrow and becomes a little nerve racking when there are several others trying to cross at the same time.
Not only is there a suspension bridge, but there are also twin falls. A short wooden bridge crosses the raging river and there are two breathtaking waterfalls below. This bridge is a lot more comfortable than the Suspension Bridge as it doesn’t shake with every move. As a last stop, you can relax at a swimming hole which is popular among local residents who visit the park on a regular basis and tourists on a short visit. The 30 Foot Pool is a short walk from suspension bridge and doesn’t involve climbing hills or stairs. It is pretty easily accessible. There is a small beach area near the swimming hole that is covered with small pebbles and good to lie down a towel or a blanket.
If you are traveling by bus there are various routes to take depending on your location. From Downtown Vancouver take the sea bus across to the Lonsdale Quay bus loop and take either bus #228, or #229.
Bus #228 will take you to Lynn Valley Center, which is about a 10 minute walk from Lynn Canyon Park’s main entrance. Bus #229 will take you directly to Lynn Canyon Park’s main entrance.
If you are traveling from East Vancouver, Burnaby, or Metro Town area take any bus to Phibbs Exchange. The most common busses are #130 via Metro Town, #28 via Joyce Station, #210 via Downtown Vancouver.
From Phibbs Exchange take bus #229 which will take you to Lynn Canyon Park’s main entrance.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!