Only 3 nights of sleep left until we are finally going to the Rockies! We are very excited and we hope you are too. Because the trip is already coming so close, we wanted to give you some practical information, starting of with the rough schedule:
Day 1 – Friday April 14
- Meet the INTERNeX PR-team and Discover Canada tours at 7.30am at Canada Place, we will depart Vancouver at 8.00am.
- We will enjoy some sights along the way: Coquihalla Highway, Bridal Falls and Okanagan Valley.
- Around 2pm we will arrive at BC Wildlife Park in Kamloops where you can guide yourself through the park, or you can take the miniature train for 1 dollar. There will be a Bobcat feeding at 2.15pm.
- After visiting the park, we will drive further to Chase and check-in at Quaaout Lodge & Spa. The resorts First Nations Cultural Host will take everyone on a tour while telling entertaining stories and legends.
- After settling in the rooms there is an option to enjoy the hot tub and indoor pool. Then join the guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast. (weather permitting)
Day 2 – Saturday April 15
- Breakfast at the hotel (included) and depart the hotel in the morning.
- Drive through Mount Revelstoke National Park and Glacier National Park.
- Visit Rogers pass, a high mountain pass through the Selkirk Mountains of BC used by the Canadian Pacific Railway and the Trans Canada Highway.
- Explore Lake Louise.
- Continue the drive to Banff, where we will enjoy a driving tour of the town.
- Check into the hotel in Banff and have free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and have some dinner. (Dinner is not included)
- You have the option to join the guide for a night out dancing! (18+ with 2 pieces of valid ID)
Day 3 – Sunday April 16
- Have breakfast at the hotel (included)
- Option to go on the optional activities like skiing at Lake Louise Mountain, ice walking or enjoying the view from the Banff gondola.
- If you are not participating in an optional activity, you can sleep in for a bit and have breakfast later. After that you can meet the guide for an extended tour of Banff.
- After the activities or extended tour there is an option to go soak in the Banff Hot Springs.
- Depart Banff in the afternoon and head to Golden.
- Check into the Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with water slides and hot tub.
- Option to visit the local pub for an end of the tour party.
Day 4 – Monday April 17
- Have breakfast at the hotel and depart from Golden. (breakfast included)
- Stop at Craigellachie to see the last spike of the Canadian Railway.
- Enjoy the entertainment, movies and games in the bus.
- Stop at Aberdeen Shopping Mall (near Kamloops) for lunch and shopping.
- Driving further to Vancouver to arrive there approximately 7.30pm
To be sure you are in the right spot Friday morning, see the map below:
Also please bear in mind to pack the following things:
- Your passport
- Medical insurance card
- Medicines if necessary
- Swim clothes (if you are planning to take a dive)
- Comfortable but good walking shoes
- Warm winter clothes: it still gets quite cold in the Rockies, especially during the night.
- Rain clothes and sunglasses: you never know what to expect in Canada
- Make sure you have enough money with you, if you want to be sure also take cash with you to avoid problems with credit / debit cards.
Besides that we want you to bear in mind that only breakfasts are included and you are responsible to get your own lunch and dinner. There will be time to go to some places to eat, but don’t forget to take money with you for the meals.
If you have any further questions you can always contact us! We hope you are all as excited as we are. See you on Wednesdays PuB NiGHT or Friday morning 🙂