Most people associate WHISTLER with skiing and snow. But did you know that Whistler originally became famous as a summer resort?
The story goes that the couple Alex and Myrtle Phillip heard about the beauty of the region and purchased land around what is Whistler today. The village developed and the beautiful lakes attracted first tourists who mostly entertained themselves with fishing. By the 1920s, Rainbow Lodge was one of the most popular summer destinations west of the Rocky Mountains.
Today, as Whistler is a well-known ski resort, the summer months bear even more activities. In fact, there is so much going on that Whistler is regularly rated as the world’s best year-round destinations. Take a look at these facts and you’ll know why:
- More than 40 different summer activities (mountain biking, hiking, nature tours, sightseeing, …)
- Tons of trails for hiking and mountain biking including incredible views
- It’s a paddling paradise! With five lakes and numerous rivers Whistler has all water sports you can wish for
- Endless après ski parties in more than 30 bars, clubs and lounges
- If you wish for more than sports, shop in more than 200 retail shops
Sounds a lot – you can find out for yourself how much of it you manage to do in one weekend!
JUNE 22nd TO 24th
THE MOST ACTION-FILLED WEEKEND YOU EVER HAD!
SIGN UP HERE: firstname.lastname@example.org !
JOIN ON FACEBOOK!
Shoot me an email if you want to join us for fun and action in Whistler!
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 200 – 211 Columbia Street
Vancouver BC -V6A 2R5-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149