Since I am interning for INTERNeX I’ve learned so much more about the organization. I found out that they do so much more than what I thought before I came here, so let me explain a bit more about what INTERNeX is all about!
INTERNeX International Exchange is Canada’s leading organization allowing you to work, live and learn in Canada and now in New Zealand! INTERNeX believes that a person needs to gain real practical experience in a foreign environment, like Canada or New Zealand. Basically INTERNeX is there to give international students a great international experience. So, if you would like to work, live and learn and have an awesome time in Canada or NZ, INTERNeX has the right program for you!
The 5 programs
INTERNeX offers you five different programs:
• Through the City Placement Program you can get a paid job and gain international work experience at the same time.
• There’s a Hospitality Program which gives you the chance to get a paid position in Canada and New Zealand’s most breathtaking resorts whilst still having the time to explore the beautiful surroundings.
• In the Internship Program you could learn in your field of interest or study. This could help you to get a better job in the future as you will have international work experience.
• With the Ranch Stay Program you can live close to animals and really have an “authentic” Canadian or Kiwi experience.
• Go for the Volunteer Program if you would like to help, rescue and rehabilitate orphaned and injured animals!
As you can see INTERNeX offers you all the things you need to have a great international experience!
While you are here in Canada or New Zealand you will need a place to stay. INTERNeX also provides you with different kinds of accommodation services, so if you need a place to live, they can help! The accommodation service consists of: home stay, student staff house and hostels. The home stay means that you will live with a local family, this will really add to your experience! The other option is the student Staff House. I live in the Staff House and it is great, because you will make friends really easily. A hostel is also a good solution if you prefer to live close to the city centre. A lot of people come and go in these places, so you will meet loads of people!
The INTERNeX Staff
The INTERNeX staff comes from all over the world and they speak together 10 different languages. This could help you, because there won’t be a language barrier, so they are always able to listen to you and give you insights from your own country’s perspective! The INTERNeX staff are there to assist you out with any questions or problems you have. They want to make sure you will feel comfortable coming into the office at any time with any problem, no matter how big or small.
I can imagine that maybe you are a little anxious to start your big adventure, but that is where I and the rest of the PR-team can help you out. A large number of INTERNeX candidates come alone here, so the PR-team could help you to meet new people and share your experiences through a lot of exciting events. An event we organize is for example the PuB NiGHT, which is every Wednesday, but there are also trips to the Rockies, Whistler and Seattle and many more fun events!!
I hope to meet you here soon! 🙂
INTERNeX International Exchange
Suite 200-211 Columbia Street
Vancouver BC -V6A 2R5-
Phone: +1 (604) 662 8149